| (to see full picture, please view http://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/2014/12/01/042/n/3019466/ccc0001cc6a0b0ae_Love_Sex-2015ReadingChallenge.png) |
I am not sure if you have seen the 2015 Reading Challenge by PopSugar (it is also being circulated around 9GAG), but I sure did! I guess I am excited to share with you the books I am going to read for this Reading Challenge!
I hope I will follow through with this challenge! For every book I finished I plan on reviewing them on this blog, so you can keep your eyes peeled for book reviews haha! Also, feel free to join in in this Reading Challenge! You can re-read books you have already read, and you do not have to complete the whole challenge if you do not want to. After all, quality is more important than quantity!
Anyway, let's get started!
A book with more than 500 pages: Harry
Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Judge me but I am not done with the series yet because I thought Harry Potter was too mainstream and only started reading the series last year. At least I realise now what I have been missing out on! (Sadly I know about all the spoilers already... aka I can list all the people who died)
A classic romance: Pride
and Prejudice
I have watched the Lizzie Bennet Diaries (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KisuGP2lcPs) and the Pride and Prejudice movie but read past the part after the ball. I guess it is about time for me to start reading the original!
A book that became a movie: Life
of Pi
My friend told me it was good, so why not?
A book published this year: I shall just wait and see what comes up in the school library lol
A book with a number in the title: 1984
I have read Animal Farm, so I guess 1984 will be interesting.
A book written by someone under 30: The
Call of the Wild
My friend loves loves loves loves this book so... Another classic to the list!
A book with nonhuman characters: The Fellowship of the Ring (and possibly the whole Lord of the Rings series)
I am sort of planning for my Harry-Potter-and-magic-withdrawal-symptoms so yea.. :)
A funny book: The
Importance of Being Earnest
Google says it is funny, and well... Whatever. Another classic! I know! I am sorry? I only just realised how many classics there are already but what can I do? Unless you can suggest me something? :D
A book by a female author: My
Sister’s Keeper
A mystery or thriller: Body
Library
A book with a one-word title: Ulysses
My friend recommended it.
A book of short stories: Selections by A. Rand
A book set in a different country: Behind
the Beautiful Forevers
A nonfiction book: Classic
Feynman
I love Richard Feynman books! You should definitely read them!
A popular author’s first book: Jane
Eyre
I am actually very doubtful about this one...
A book from an author you love that you
haven’t read yet: A
Cuckoo’s Calling
You know what "author you love"? (because SPOILER SORT OF: J.K. Rowling wrote this book under a different pen name)
A book a friend recommended: The
Knife of Never Letting Go (trilogy)
I am halfway through it and I guess it is quite cool so far though a little dull sometimes. Just sometimes. I will give a better review once I am done with it.
A Pulitzer Price-winning book: The
Orphan Master’s Son
A book based on a true story: The Diary of Anne
Frank
... I don't really know what to say about this but... It is so poignant.
A book at the bottom of your to-read
list: Twilight
I don't know, maybe it's finally time for me to pick it up?
A book your mom loves: She has not decided on one yet, so I shall wait for her.
A book that scares you: We
have Always Lived in the castle
A book more than 100 years old: The
Castle of Otranto
The first gothic novel. This book is around 250 years old.
A book based entirely on its cover: The
Light Between Oceans
It is a beautiful cover (look at it! http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1336683021l/13158800.jpg)
A book you were supposed to read in
school but didn’t: Frankenstein
The story goes like this, the teacher wanted to use this book as the literature text this year but decided against it, so I guess it sort of fits the requirement (otherwise there are no books for this because I am a good student and read all my literature texts)
A memoir: Duty:
Memoirs of a Secretary at War
A book you can finish in a day: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
Google says I can finish it in one day but it is really thick so I don't really know how...
A book with antonyms in the title: Black
and White
A book set somewhere you’ve always
wanted to visit: The
Sun Also Rises
A book that came out the year you were born: Ravelstein
A book with bad reviews: The Great Gatsby
A trilogy: Divergent (trilogy)
A book from your childhood: Anne of Green Gables
omg love.. <3
A book with a love triangle: Starcrossed
A book set in the future: Dune
A book set in high school: Shiver
A book with a color in the title: The Woman in White
Our current literature text (that replaced Frankenstein).
A book that made you cry: To
Kill a Mockingbird
A book with magic: Harry
Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Reading it now... :)
Reading it now... :)
A graphic novel: I will dig around the library. If I find nothing to my interest then Tintin.
BECAUSE TINTIN!!!! :'( Sad it never got completed
BECAUSE TINTIN!!!! :'( Sad it never got completed
A book by an author you’ve never read before: The Chrysalids
A book you own but have never read: Speeches that Changed the World
A book that takes place in your home town: I will dig the Singapore Collection of the library
A book that was originally written in a
different language: The
Little Prince
So simple yet so insightful.
So simple yet so insightful.
A book set during Christmas: A
Christmas Carol
It's the only book I can think of?
It's the only book I can think of?
A book written by an author with your
same initials: Major
Pettigrew’s Last Stand
It's really hard to find authors with my initials :(
It's really hard to find authors with my initials :(
A play: Goethe's
Faust
A banned book: Brave
New World
I know and don't know what to expect at the same time haha XP
A book based on or turned into a TV show: Orange is the New Black
I know and don't know what to expect at the same time haha XP
A book based on or turned into a TV show: Orange is the New Black
A book you started but never finished: Soul Eater (Chronicles of Ancient Darkness #3)
I love the series. Did not manage to finish the third book because my brother hid it so I could focus on my examinations... -_-
Anyway, these are the books for my 2015 Reading Challenge. If you are sharp enough, you can also find some personal information about me in here (hehe, I am so sneaky). If you think my reading list sucks (which I think sort of does), don't hesitate to suggest books for me to read!
I wonder what are your books for your 2015 Reading Challenge?
No comments:
Post a Comment